What to Expect
WHAT TO EXPECT
Physical Therapy Program – Outline
- An initial evaluation
- A medical history review
- Depending on your condition, treatment may begin at your first visit.
- Your treatment program includes individualized manual therapy techniques to facilitate your healing process. This may include spinal or joint mobilization, neural mobilization, myofascial release, massage, tool assisted tissue mobilization
- An individualized exercise program will be designed to address your specific needs.
- The length of your treatment depends on your needs and goals. On average, patients are seen 1-2 visits per week for 4-8 weeks. Certain motor vehicle or work injuries may require more frequent visits or a longer treatment program.
- By this time in your treatment you should be pain free or close to. You should feel confident in your skills – exercises that you learned in Physical Therapy to continue back to your normal activities and lifestyle.